Utility Deadline: 12.00pm (BST) 21 August 2020
Fast urbanisation offers nice alternatives for African cities and their residents, but in addition severe long-term issues if not managed nicely. To search out sustainable, long-term options to African challenges, Linked Locations Catapult invitations UK SMEs to type Equitable Partnerships with South African or Kenyan organisations to develop a collaborative, progressive expertise resolution to a metropolis problem which has been recognized within the South African cities of Cape City, Johannesburg and Durban; and the Kenyan cities of Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City Hyperlinks Africa Open Name has been tailored to mirror the brand new actuality of connectivity and journey. Linked Locations Catapult will now help as much as 15 UK and South African / Kenyan partnerships to develop their expertise options through the net platform, with further help from specialists and key stakeholders. Profitable partnerships will profit from funding to assist them develop their expertise resolution to the chosen city problem. They may also be capable of entry a strong community and obtain important venture publicity.
The Open Name course of will run over eight weeks and include help and partnership-building actions.
- To make sure we’re supporting sustainable, long-term options to the seven challenges, we’re searching for initiatives which have the potential to be commercially viable available in the market. Subsequently, your Equitable Partnerships ought to goal to develop an answer that’s related for the South African / Kenyan market, and all options ought to handle one of many metropolis challenges which were recognized.
- To be eligible for funding, all groups should be fashioned by an Equitable Partnership between at the very least one UK SME and at the very least one South African or Kenyan organisation. The organisations which type the partnership ought to mirror the nation of the problem being addressed. For instance, to deal with a problem in South Africa, the partnership ought to include at the very least one UK SME and at the very least one South African organisation.
- The Open Name has been structured to permit current partnerships to use instantly or that will help you discover a partnership and collaboratively develop an utility (see ‘How do you apply?’ for extra info).
There are two tiers of funding accessible. The quantity of funding you might be eligible for will depend on the expertise readiness of their resolution and the maturity of organisations forming the partnership.
If profitable, you’ll obtain funding to co-develop your tech idea or resolution, entry highly effective new networks and achieveknowledgeable help from us, which may result in joint ventures and business alternatives within the city area.
That can assist you unlock these advantages, we now have designed a help programme that enables entry to our workforce’s experience (together with improvement and testing, enterprise development help and influence evaluation) and that’s particularly tailor-made to the wants of every tier.
Tier 1 Partnerships will obtain help to mature their venture or service idea by making certain it’s responding to actual market want, is engaging to the potential person or stakeholders and is technically possible by way of designing a consultant prototype.
Tier 2 Partnerships will obtain help for iterating and testing the present idea prototype for its deployment in South Africa / Kenya, and serving to the partnership discover ‘product-market match’ within the South African and Kenyan market.
Along with this funding and help, the partnerships could have the chance to construct a uniquely wide-ranging community of African stakeholders, together with:
- Potential prospects and communities that supply distinctive person insights
- Problem Ambassadors and native market specialists
- Metropolis leaders and determination makers
- Massive companies and traders from South Africa / Kenya and the UK fascinated with city improvements through our enterprise discussion board
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the City Hyperlinks Africa Open Name for Kenyan & South African Organizations