Software Deadline: August 14th 2020
The U.S. Mission is now accepting purposes for the 2021-22 Fulbright African Analysis Scholar Program. This award funds African college lecturers and professors to conduct postdoctoral analysis or undertake a deliberate program of studying and analysis.
Two classes of grants are provided within the ARSP: analysis grants and program and curriculum improvement grants.
Awards of three to 9 months are provided for African college college or analysis institute professionals to conduct analysis in any tutorial self-discipline at a U.S. tutorial or analysis establishment starting no sooner than August 2021 and no later than March 2022. Candidates should maintain a doctorate or equal terminal diploma of their fields. Choice shall be given to people who’ve at the least three years of college instructing expertise and a productive scholarly document.
Program and Curriculum Growth Grants:
Awards of three to five months are provided for African college college or directors to conduct analysis in any tutorial self-discipline at a U.S. tutorial or analysis establishment starting no sooner than August 2021 and no later than March 2022. Proposals ought to be linked to skilled duties and show how the scholar will use the information gained to develop new programs, curricula, or different tutorial packages on the residence establishment. These grants are designed for college college or directors with much less expertise and who might not have had current entry to analysis or tutorial developments of their disciplines. A doctorate diploma isn’t required, however candidates should maintain a minimal of a grasp’s or equal graduate diploma.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON ELIGIBILITY:
- The ARSP is open to students in all disciplines and with out regard to gender or age; nonetheless, proposals for scientific medical analysis involving affected person contact can’t be accredited beneath the Fulbright Program.
- Candidates should be residents of the nation from which they apply or everlasting residents certified to carry a legitimate passport issued by that nation.
- Candidates for analysis grants should maintain a doctorate diploma or equal terminal diploma of their fields. Choice is given to people who’ve at the least three years of college instructing expertise and a productive scholarly document.
- Candidates with out doctorate levels however who maintain a grasp’s or equal graduate diploma are eligible in this system and curriculum improvement class.
- Purposes for doctoral dissertation analysis, postdoctoral analysis instantly following the completion of a doctorate diploma, or common skilled journey, are ineligible.
- Choice shall be given to candidates who haven’t beforehand obtained a Fulbright scholar grant.
- Choice shall be given to candidates who’ve had no expertise or restricted expertise within the U.S.
- Candidates will need to have ample proficiency in English to hold out their analysis initiatives and collaborate successfully with colleagues. TOEFL exams will not be required, however Posts might select to institute native English language testing, if needed, to judge candidates’ language abilities. At a minimal, Posts ought to consider English-language proficiency by a documented interview performed in-person or by videoconferencing, or by phone if videoconferencing isn’t a viable choice.
- Candidates should be in good well being. Profitable candidates shall be requested to submit a Medical Historical past and Examination Report.
- Students who had been unsuccessful in earlier competitions might re-apply. Repeat candidates ought to revise their proposals, replace curriculum vitae, and procure present letters of reference.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON APPLICATIONS:
- Students should point out the grant class for which they’re making use of (analysis or program and curriculum improvement). The Council for Worldwide Trade of Students (CIES) will assign students who don’t point out a choice to an acceptable class.
- Every software should embody three letters of reference.
- Letters of invitation are strongly inspired however not required. Candidates are discouraged from requesting affiliation with an alma mater. CIES will honor institutional affiliation preferences so far as doable. Candidates unfamiliar with U.S. establishments might request that CIES determine appropriate placements.
- Laboratory charges will not be a part of the usual advantages package deal for the ARSP and are awarded on a restricted, case-by-case foundation, and provided that funding is accessible.
All purposes are reviewed by an area choice panel; closing nominations are reviewed in the USA by unbiased evaluate committees. Closing number of awardees is made by the J. William Fulbright Overseas Scholarship Board.
Purposes should be submitted utilizing the Embark Visiting Scholar system, accessible at https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2021
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the 2021/2022 Fulbright African Analysis Scholar Program