Software Deadline:July 31st, 2020 (11:59 pm CET).
Nationally decided contributions (NDCs) had been key to adopting the 2015 Paris Settlement, which outlines nationwide objectives for lowering greenhouse fuel emissions and identifies monetary wants for mitigation and adaptation efforts. Most mitigation and adaptation contributions outlined within the NDCs of creating international locations are primarily based upon receiving worldwide assist. Whereas assist from the worldwide neighborhood has addressed some capability gaps, many conditional NDCs of low-income international locations have finance, capacity-building, and technological wants. Recipient international locations are hindered by the dearth of correct monitoring of local weather finance flows, which prevents them from making extra knowledgeable choices about planning, prioritization, allocation of local weather change sources, and measuring and evaluating progress.
Because the coronavirus pandemic continues to wreak havoc, the world’s energies are rightly targeted on efforts to comprise the virus and handle the financial fallout. But, within the background, the local weather emergency stays as pressing as ever. Local weather change vulnerabilities, particularly in creating coutries, proceed to exacerbate the impacts of the COVDI-19. Within the coming weeks and months, sources can be directed to assist financial restoration programmes in addition to extra resilient improvement planning and threat preparedness. On this, Governments have the possibility to tailor their restoration programmes to put money into the discount of emissions and climate-resilient improvement. There is a chance for creating international locations particularly in Africa to resume actions in the direction of assembly their nationally decided contributions (NDCs) and for the world to attain the long-term objectives of the Paris Settlement.
Nationally decided contributions (NDCs) are central to reaching the long-term objectives of the Paris Settlement. NDCs embody every nation’s efforts to handle local weather change. NDC-FFP, funded by the Worldwide Improvement Analysis Institute (IDRC), helps, promotes and trains distinctive people from coverage and analysis who’re taken with additional:
- enhancing their information and abilities on financing NDCs,
- to construct management in NDC finance for enhanced sharing of data and good practices,
- contributing to webinars, blogs, publications, stories and journal articles on NDC finance,
- steady on-line discussions, community alternatives and entry to worldwide skilled networks of friends and leaders in local weather change and finance.
- Promote dialogue and peer studying amongst researchers and policymakers on greatest practices on NDC financing
- NDC-FFP helps, promotes and trains distinctive citizen or people working from Sub-Saharan Africa (functions from English- or French-speaking Lusophone candidates are additionally welcomed) from analysis and coverage.
- For the primary cohort, candidates must be proficient in English (each written and oral).
- Fellows are supplied on-site and on-line coaching, webinars, workshops, and occasions in Frankfurt (Germany) and Nairobi (Kenya). The programme goals to empower the contributors to study alternative ways to finance commitments talked about within the submitted NDCs, to fulfill and change with different fellows and change with coverage specialists and researchers working within the discipline of NDC finance.
- The fellowship programme is split into two cohorts, the primary in English (September 2020 – August 2021) and the second in French (March 2021 – February 2022). In June 2022, there can be a joint closing Summit.
- As much as 50 scholarships for a six-months e-learning certification course on Financing NDCs (Licensed Professional in Financing NDCs)
- Greatest performing 20 candidates qualify for additional coaching and workshops throughout on-site occasions on rising subjects and management abilities in Frankfurt and Nairobi.
- 2-months internship for one researcher per cohort
- Steerage by internationally recognised trainers and specialists in NDC finance
- Common dialogue classes and peer studying thorugh the Africa Analysis and Impression Community (ARIN) webinars
The best way to Apply
Your utility should be submitted on-line utilizing the NDC-FFP utility kind (please discover the hyperlinks under). Solely full functions in English can be thought of and include the next:
- Stuffed on-line utility kind within the English language
- Curriculum vitae of no more than 5 pages itemizing experiences and publications the place essential
- Certificates and letters of reference (of scholarships, employment and so on.)
- Copy of legitimate passport
- Letter of secondment (if essential)
- Motivation assertion indicating your curiosity within the programme and dedication to take duty and to stick with the programme.
Moreover for Analysis monitor: Analysis Proposal submitted underneath one of many 4 subjects, together with an outline of your analysis questions, conceptual framework, methodology, anticipated contribution, timeline and funds (*Please use the offered analysis proposal template solely and skim rigorously the questions and directions. You’ll be able to obtain the template after the registration via the hyperlink under).
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Nationally Decided Contributions (NDCs) Financing Fellowship Programme 2020