Utility Deadline: October 1, 2020.
The Radcliffe Fellowship Program awards 50 fellowships every educational 12 months. Candidates might apply as people or in a gaggle of two to a few folks engaged on the identical undertaking. We search range alongside many dimensions, together with self-discipline, profession stage, race and ethnicity, nation of origin, gender and sexual orientation, and ideological perspective. Though our fellows come from many various backgrounds, they’re united by their demonstrated excellence, collegiality, and creativity.
Radcliffe fellows are distinctive scientists, writers, students, public intellectuals, practitioners, and artists whose work is making a distinction of their skilled fields and within the bigger world.
Primarily based in Radcliffe Yard—a sanctuary within the coronary heart of Harvard College—fellows be a part of a uniquely interdisciplinary and inventive group. A fellowship at Radcliffe is a chance to step away from standard routines and dive deeply right into a undertaking. With entry to Harvard’s unparalleled assets, Radcliffe fellows develop new instruments and strategies, problem inventive and scholarly conventions, and illuminate our previous and our current.
All year long, fellows convene usually to share their work in progress. Coming from numerous disciplines and views, they problem one another’s concepts and assist one another’s ambitions. Many say that it’s the greatest 12 months of their skilled lives.
The next areas are of explicit curiosity:
- Radcliffe helps engaged scholarship. We welcome functions from students, artists, and practitioners proposing modern work that confronts urgent social and coverage points and looking for to have interaction audiences past academia.
- We welcome proposals related to the Institute’s focus areas, which embody:
- Legislation, training, and justice
- Youth management and civic engagement
- Legacies of slavery
- Reflecting Radcliffe’s distinctive historical past and institutional legacy, we welcome proposals that concentrate on girls, gender, and society or draw on the Schlesinger Library’s wealthy collections.
- Interdisciplinary trade is a trademark of the Radcliffe Fellowship, and we welcome proposals that reap the benefits of our uniquely numerous mental group by participating with ideas and concepts that cross disciplinary boundaries.
Radcliffe Institute fellows are in residence for a interval of 9 months from September 1, 2021 via Might 31, 2022 and obtain a stipend of $78,000 plus a further $5,000 to cowl undertaking bills. Fellows are anticipated to be freed from their common commitments in order that they might absolutely commit themselves to the work outlined of their proposal.
As it is a residential fellowship, fellows are anticipated to reside within the Larger Boston space throughout their fellowship. Fellows could also be eligible to obtain further funds for transferring bills, childcare, and housing to help them in making a easy transition. Healthcare choices are made out there as wanted.
Radcliffe Fellows obtain workplace or studio area in Byerly Corridor and full-time Harvard appointments as visiting fellows, granting them entry to Harvard College’s varied assets, together with libraries, housing, and athletic services. If fellows wish to rent Harvard undergraduate college students as Analysis Companions, we are going to cowl their hourly wages.
Fellows are anticipated to have interaction actively with the colleagues of their cohort and to take part absolutely as a member of the Radcliffe group. To this finish, all fellows current their work-in-progress, both within the type of a non-public speak for his or her cohort or a public lecture, along with attending the shows of all different fellows throughout that educational 12 months (as much as two talks per week). We provide group lunches and different alternatives to attach with members of your cohort, however attendance at these is non-compulsory.
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the 2020/2021 Radcliffe Institute Fellowship Program