Software Deadline: October 1, 2020
The Fulbright South African Analysis Scholar Program (SARSP) is a chance for South African college school or analysis institute professionals to conduct analysis of their discipline of experience at a U.S. tutorial or analysis Establishment for a interval of three to 9 months beginning no sooner than August 2021 and no later than March 2022. A analysis grant allows the scholar to carry out high-level analysis at a U.S. instructional establishment, geared toward strengthening tutorial packages or curricula at his/her residence establishment. Candidates have to have a confirmed monitor document of productive scholarly analysis, and publications.
Fulbright-Emory Distinguished Chair Scholar Award
Along with the usual SARSP award, we’re happy to announce a separate Fulbright SARSP award for 2021-2022. The Fulbright-Emory Distinguished Chair Scholar Award will fund one visiting scholar from South Africa for a period of four months at Emory College. The Awardee should educate, give lectures, take part within the tutorial lifetime of the college and conduct analysis at Emory. Precedence can be given to the collection of students whose actions are associated to graduate packages in South Africa with the target of accelerating the affect of their scholarship again in South Africa because of their expertise in america. Do you have to want to apply particularly for the Fulbright-Emory Distinguished Chair Scholar Award, please choose this selection in your on-line software.
- Candidates have to be South African residents or everlasting residents (minimal of 5 years of everlasting resident standing required).
- Open to Students in all disciplines and with out regard to gender or age. Please observe: proposals for medical medical analysis involving affected person contact can’t be authorised beneath the Fulbright Program.
- Functions for doctoral dissertation analysis, post-doctoral analysis instantly following the completion of a doctorate diploma, or normal skilled journey, are ineligible.
- Desire can be given to candidates who haven’t beforehand acquired a Fulbright Scholar Grant.
- Desire can be given to candidates who’ve had no expertise or solely restricted expertise within the U.S.
- Candidates will need to have a doctoral diploma or equal skilled/terminal diploma of their discipline. Desire is given to people who’ve in depth college educating expertise and a productive scholarly document.
- Candidates could also be affiliated with native universities, analysis institutes, or different establishments which have instructional and/or analysis goals.
- Candidates will need to have ample proficiency within the English language to hold out the mission required. TOEFL exams usually are not required. English Language Proficiency could also be examined by Fulbright Workplaces.
- Students have to be in good well being. Profitable candidates can be requested to submit a Medical Historical past and Examination Report.
- Students who have been unsuccessful in earlier competitions could re-apply. Repeat candidates ought to revise their proposals, replace curriculum vitae, and acquire present letters of reference.
How you can Apply
- Please use the web software hyperlink supplied on this web site. The applying will have to be stuffed out and submitted by way of a web-based software system. All required supporting paperwork have to be submitted by way of the web software system as properly.
- Embrace a properly written analysis proposal with simply defined methodology that may be understood by a normal reviewing committee as properly.
- Embrace three confidential letters of reference. These letters have to be uploaded by your referees by way of the web software system. Pointers on easy methods to register your referees are included within the nation info part of the appliance. We won’t settle for any letters of reference by way of electronic mail or put up.
- A Letter of Invitation from a U.S. host establishment is strongly inspired however not required.
- Candidates are discouraged from requesting affiliation with an alma mater. The Institute of Worldwide Schooling (IIE) will honor institutional affiliation preferences so far as attainable. Candidates unfamiliar with U.S. establishments could request that IIE establish appropriate placements.
- Candidates ought to observe that laboratory charges usually are not a part of the usual advantages bundle for the Fulbright SARSP and are awarded on a restricted, case-by-case foundation, and provided that funding is accessible.
Analysis Grant Protection
- Month-to-month stipend based mostly on the price of dwelling on the analysis web site.
- Month-to-month dependent allowance for accompanying dependents.
- Spherical journey airfare for the grantee.
- Spherical journey airfare for one dependent accompanying the grantee for a minimal interval of 80% on an eight- to 9 month grant.
- Extra baggage allowance for return journey.
- Skilled allowance for books, conferences, and seminars.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Major medical insurance coverage protection for the grantee.
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Fulbright International Pupil Program 2021/2022 Scholarships