Software Deadline: August sixth 2020
Purposes Open: Entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and organization-builders from each private and non-private sectors mannequin a brand new kind of management grounded in hope and dignity. The subsequent Acumen West Africa Fellowship runs from January 2021 to December 2021.
Are sometimes on one of many following trajectories: entrepreneur, intrapreneur, or an organizational builder whether or not for-profit, nonprofit, or in authorities.
Founding or main a for-profit or nonprofit group that gives important items or providers to the underserved.
Supporting the expansion of a company, establishment, or firm centered on assuaging poverty or injustice however not because the
founder or CEO.
Creating revolutionary options to deal with poverty or injustice from inside an present establishment by shifting its tradition and constructing new collaborations.
- Acumen covers all program-related bills through the fellowship 12 months. This contains all prices related to the seminars together with lodging, meals, transportation and visas.
Fellows stay of their jobs and are available collectively for 4 seminars, every lasting 6 days, all year long. Attendance at every seminar is obligatory. Between seminars, Fellows are anticipated to take part in and full on-line readings and assignments.
What’s the complete time dedication required for the Fellowship?
The full in-person time dedication is about 24 days (Four seminars, 6 days every) over the course of the 12 months, plus journey time to the seminar areas. At any time when potential we’ve scheduled seminars to run from Tuesday to Sunday.
Between seminars, you may be anticipated to spend extra time on program-related assignments, e mail correspondence and collaborative tasks for roughly 3/Four hours per week.
The place will the totally different seminars and conferences for this system be held?
The seminars are sometimes held in or round main cities throughout West Africa. Prior to now, they’ve been held in:
For 2020, people shall be notified the precise dates of the seminars upon being chosen as a Fellow at the start of 2021.
Sensible expertise meet ethical creativeness on this intensive year-long management growth program designed to equip extraordinary people with the instruments, mindset, and neighborhood to deal with poverty and injustice of their communities.
12 months 1
- Be a part of a various cohort of social change leaders in a rigorous year-long expertise
- Enhance your capability to innovate and drive change with a mixture of in-person and on-line seminars
- Half-time — you keep in your job whereas taking part in 4 5-day seminar in varied areas throughout West Africa
Past 12 months 1
- Be part of a lifelong fellowship that extends past your first 12 months
- Be a part of a bigger native and international neighborhood dedicated to a world past poverty and injustice
What makes a fellows:
Fellows are extraordinary leaders who dare to embrace the tough journey of social change. Right here’s what we would like from you—and what you may count on out of your cohort.
- Entrepreneurs: Leaders of each for-profit and nonprofit organizations offering important items or providers to the underserved.
- Intrapreneurs: Builders from any sector tackling poverty and injustice from inside by shifting the institutional tradition—and constructing new collaborations.
- Organizational Builders: Leaders (apart from the Founder or CEO) supporting the expansion of establishments combating poverty and injustice
The Fellowship curriculum is centered across the rules of ethical management:
- Adaptive Management: Primarily based on Ron Heifetz’s work, Adaptive Management is a sensible management framework that helps Fellows’ skill to catalyse and embrace the gradual and significant course of of making change.
- Genuine Voice: Grounded in Marshall Ganz’s life’s work, the Genuine Voice curriculum permits the Fellows to develop the capability to articulate a hopeful imaginative and prescient, communicate throughout strains of distinction, and transfer others into motion.
- Good Society Readings: Modeled off The Aspen Institute, the Good Society Readings discover the which means of a simply society, and the ethical and historic basis of social change via textual content based mostly dialogue
- Managing Polarities: Primarily based on Barry Johnson’s work, Polarities goals to domesticate a person’s skill to steer successfully when opposing however interdependent and equally essential values are in pressure.
- Techniques Pondering: Fellows discover the idea of Techniques Pondering by working collaboratively on stay challenges—enabling them to higher perceive bigger, systemic issues and design more practical interventions.
- Step 1: Go away us your data right here and be the primary to know when functions open
- Step 2: Apply on-line – Purposes open 1 July and closes 6 August
- Step 3: Full Stage 2 utility between 7 Sept and 24 Sept
- Step 4: Attend an in-person Choice Convention in mid-November
- Step 5: Fellows are introduced in January 2021
When will you discover out?
- Step 1: Our Fellows are chosen in early December
- Step 2: Fellows are introduced in January 2021
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Acumen West Africa Fellows Program 2020