Utility Deadline: 30th July 2020.
The One World Media Awards this yr come at an uncommon time, as we face the Covid-19 pandemic.
In response to the distinctive work of journalists and filmmakers masking the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic in growing nations, we’re launching the Coronavirus Reporting Award 2020, supported by EBRD.
All entries ought to concentrate on tales, subjects or points in, about or associated to the growing world, together with Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Center East, Russia or the Submit-Soviet States. Jurors might be on the lookout for media that covers underreported tales or new angles and approaches to extra acquainted tales.
Entries will need to have had their first screening, broadcast, theatrical launch, launch or publication between 1 December 2019 and 30 July 2020.
The Coronavirus Reporting Award is open to entrants wherever on the planet, so long as the work meets one of the next standards:
- the entry has been broadcast, screened or printed (in print or in a longtime on-line publication/web site) within the UK; OR
- the entry has been broadcast or printed (in a longtime print/on-line publication/web site) internationally and is offered for an English-speaking viewers; OR
- the entry has been screened at a world movie pageant
Entries might be evaluated primarily based on the general benefit of the piece, with an emphasis on:
Relevance of the protection
- The main focus should be on tales or subjects in, about or associated to a growing nation
- Embrace the voices and views of individuals in/from growing nations
High quality of the protection
- Nicely-crafted, structured and interesting
- Excessive manufacturing and editorial values
- Distils and presents complicated subjects to the target market in an comprehensible and accessible means
Originality and creativity of the protection
- All entries ought to spotlight underreported tales or points, or discover new angles on acquainted subjects.
- We’re significantly taking a look at how the story is informed: Is it amplifying voices which might be usually unheard? Is it an inspiring story that may create change? Does the story problem misperceptions or stereotypes of growing nations?
Substance and accuracy of the protection
- Depth of analysis and evaluation
- Nicely-researched, correct and balanced reporting
Impression and attain of the protection
- Demonstrates the precise influence or potential for the protection to catalyse change
- Might have prompted further media protection or coverage change
- Consideration could also be given to the whole viewers reached
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the One World Media Coronavirus Reporting Award 2020