Software Deadline: 29 July 2020 9:00 AM (BST)
The Mary Robinson Local weather Justice Award was created by One Younger World to acknowledge and assist younger leaders behind impactful local weather justice initiatives which can be preserving the earth for future generations. For the fifth yr working, One Younger World is teaming up with Mary Robinson to assist younger leaders behind modern and impactful local weather justice initiatives which can be preserving the earth for future generations.
The award seeks to:
- Determine three younger leaders on the forefront of impactful local weather justice initiatives.
- Elevate consciousness of and rejoice their initiatives.
The influence of local weather change just isn’t a distant menace, its results are being felt proper now by tens of millions all over the world within the type of rising sea ranges, excessive climate methods and devastating droughts. The sorry fact is that these most affected by local weather change are those that are least answerable for its causes and least effectively geared up to face up to its results. An individual dwelling within the US creates 118 occasions extra carbon dioxide emissions than an individual dwelling in Nauru however this small Pacific island is likely one of the nations susceptible to disappearing as a result of rising sea ranges. The state of affairs would possibly sound gloomy however the excellent news is that there are a whole lot of hundreds of individuals and organisations working to deal with local weather change and handle the worldwide imbalance it’s creating. That is the local weather justice motion and One Younger World is proud to be part of it by the Mary Robinson Local weather Justice Award.
Candidates should be:
- Aged 18 – 30* on the time of the One Younger World Summit 2021.
- Nationals of all nations are eligible to use for this scholarship
- Occupy a senior management position in a legally registered organisation which undertakes tasks associated to local weather justice.
- Initiatives should immediately handle sustainable improvement/or local weather change with a specific emphasis on balancing the wants of future generations – this could possibly be by financing, frontline providers, advocacy, schooling, communication, authorized/coverage change or enterprise resolution.
- Initiatives must be clearly related to a number of of the seven ideas of local weather justice:
- Respect and shield human rights
- Help the fitting to improvement
- Share advantages and burdens equitably
- Be sure that selections on local weather change are participatory, clear and accountable
- Spotlight gender equality and fairness
- Harness the transformative energy of schooling for local weather stewardship
- Use efficient partnerships to safe local weather justice
One Younger World will assess candidates primarily based on their:
- Ambition – how impactful the mission is in balancing wants of current and future generations.
- Relevance – the mission is grounded in local weather justice.
- Group worth – the mission applies to a neighborhood/communities / stakeholder group who’re immediately impacted by local weather change or will likely be extra adversely impacted sooner or later.
- Entry to the One Younger World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Lodge lodging between 23 – 26 April 2021
- The price of journey to and from Munich
- Catering which incorporates breakfast, lunch and dinner
- £4,00zero grant funding from One Younger World to assist their local weather justice tasks
- Participation in an unique mentorship session with Mary Robinson throughout the Summit
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Mary Robinson Local weather Justice Award 2020