Utility Deadline: July 28th 2020
The African Union (AU), by means of the African Governance Structure (AGA) Secretariat, in a joint venture with the Widespread marketplace for Japanese and Southern Africa (COMESA) have launched the “Democracy and Governance in Africa – Youth Innovation Problem”. Youth innovators, innovation hubs and incubation centres throughout the continent, are invited to take part within the innovation problem. The problem requires current improvements which can be making affect within the structural prevention of battle by means of addressing problems with democracy deficit, lack of fine governance and contribute to the promotion and safety of human rights.
In recognition of the worth that younger individuals carry to Africa’s improvement and democratization course of – the African Union has set youth engagement as one among its priorities by figuring out youth as companions, leaders and beneficiaries. This initiative is targeted to establish and acknowledge current youth targeted or/and youth led improvements to finally carry younger individuals’s contribution on peace to the fore.
Younger innovators throughout the continent which can be doing commendable work – the African Governance Structure (AGA) Secretariat in a joint venture with Widespread marketplace for Japanese and Southern Africa (COMESA) is working to establish, capacitate and acknowledge youth improvements, innovation hubs and incubation centres throughout the continent which can be engaged on improvements for structural prevention of battle by means of addressing problems with democracy deficit, lack of fine governance good and work to advertise good human rights practices.
African innovators, innovation hubs/labs and organizations with a non-profit or for-profit background can apply based mostly on the next choice standards;
- The innovation ought to give attention to Youth or innovation must be led by younger particular person aged between 18-35;
- Innovators, Improvements, innovation hubs must be based mostly in Africa; African diaspora are open to use however innovation in focus must be targeted or based mostly in Africa;
- The submission must be based mostly on an current innovation (digital or non-digital) on or contributing to the next thematic areas;
- Enhancing good governance;
- Selling democracy;
- Citizen participation;
- Creating social cohesion;
- Supporting public service;
- Justice and rule of legislation;
- Selling and safety of human rights; and
- Different related thematic areas that contribute to the AU theme of the 12 months – Silencing the Weapons.
- The concept or innovation ought to have been applied/examined with a stage of success/ affect however have room for enchancment, replication or scale up at nationwide, regional or continental stage;
- Innovation should replicate the mainstreaming of girls and gender equality;
- Feminine innovators are extremely inspired to use.
Choice Course of
- The highest twenty (20) improvements shall be lengthy listed and solely profitable candidates with nice improvements which have demonstrated exponential affect, shall be notified.
- The overview panel reserves the proper to request for added particulars from candidates. A public announcement of the profitable candidates shall be made in 6 weeks upon the closing of the open name.
- The 20 candidates will obtain a chance for an accelerator coaching to assist develop their concepts additional, for enlargement and higher affect. Skilled trainers and specialists shall be supporting the concepts to refine, enhance and rework them into initiatives that shall be magnified, replicated or scaled up.
- The jury can even display and shortlist remaining improvements based mostly on the concepts developed through the accelerator coaching and choose remaining innovation/s to be awarded. The innovation/s can have a variety of alternatives to be acknowledged specifically on the African Union Fee’s initiatives on the theme of the 12 months; AGA Annual dialogues, COMESA coverage making our bodies and others.
Utility Course of:
Functions may be submitted by finishing the next Utility Kind.
Full the type by filling in all of the sections and electronic mail the attachment(s) to this electronic mail tackle: [email protected]. As soon as submitted, the applying course of is remaining. You’ll obtain a notification electronic mail to acknowledge receipt of your utility. No handwritten purposes shall be accepted.
Useful resource and reference supplies
Additional inquiries must be directed to:
- Ms Makda Mikre Tessema: Democracy and Governance Skilled: African Governance Structure [email protected]
- Ms. Doreen Apollos: Data and Communication Directorate: [email protected]
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the AU) Democracy and Governance in Africa – Youth Innovation Problem 2020