Software Deadline:27 August 2020
GBIF invitations the submission of idea notes for venture funding from sub-Saharan Africa by means of Biodiversity Info for Improvement (BID), a programme funded by the Directorate-Normal for Worldwide Partnerships of the European Union.
The BID programme goals to reinforce capability for efficient mobilization and use of biodiversity information in assist of decision- and policymaking for sustainable growth. The whole funding assigned to this name is roughly €600,000.
This name seeks to assist initiatives from sub-Saharan Africa that:
- Mobilize biodiversity information related to choices supporting sustainable growth
- Use and lengthen finest practices for digitizing pure historical past collections and mobilizing different biodiversity information
- Apply biodiversity information in assist of decision-making and analysis
- Develop lasting nationwide, regional or thematic networks to assist ongoing information sharing and reuse
The decision presents assist for 4 grant varieties:
- Regional biodiversity information mobilization grants that set up or strengthen worldwide collaborations to extend biodiversity information mobilization for analysis and coverage addressing regional sustainable growth wants (most funding: 60,000 euros for initiatives involving two international locations; €120,000 for initiatives involving three or extra international locations)
- Nationwide biodiversity information mobilization grants that set up or strengthen nationwide biodiversity data services and enhance biodiversity information mobilization to reply to nationwide priorities (most funding: €40,000 per venture)
- Establishment-level biodiversity information mobilization grants that mobilize biodiversity information related for sustainable growth (most funding: €20,000 per venture)
- Knowledge-use grants that construct on current relationships between biodiversity data-holding establishments and decision-makers to supply information options that reply to a particular coverage want (most funding: €60,000 per venture)
Preliminary idea notes should be submitted by 27 August 2020 by means of the GBIF Grants Portal.
Chosen candidates will likely be invited in the final quarter of 2020 to submit full proposals.
Following a ultimate assessment and choice, funded initiatives are anticipated to begin in April 2021 with a venture implementation interval of most 24 months (01 April 2021– 31 March 2023).
Chosen initiatives will likely be required to ship a venture staff member to a capability enhancement workshop and acquire certification for the talents acquired. This workshop is predicted to happen throughout the second quarter of 2021, and the price of participation will likely be met individually from GBIF/BID funds (candidates want NOT embrace this within the venture funds).
For Extra Info
Go to the Official Webpage of the GBIF Biodiversity Info for Improvement Programme 2020