Utility Deadline: 6pm GMT on 18th June 2020
- Are you a youngster aged 18 to 30 taking a lead within the Covid-19 response?
- Are you passionate in regards to the function of younger individuals in humanitarian motion?
- The Organizers are recruiting a gaggle of 20 Younger Leaders for an preliminary 6-months pilot mission to help the design, supply and analysis of the work of the Compact for Younger Individuals in Humanitarian Motion.
- The place: Dwelling based mostly.
- Timeline: June-December 2020 (with potential to increase for an additional 12 months)
- Hours required: 120 hours (20 hours per thirty days for six months)
- Stipend: Depending on native context, to cowl web entry and journey the place protected.
The Youth Compact Champions programme is a chance for 20 younger leaders (aged 18-30) who’re tackling the COVID-19 emergency of their communities and /or have expertise responding to earlier humanitarian crises. The programme will help these 20 younger leaders to mobilise over 1,000 younger individuals around the globe to help the design, supply and analysis of the work of the Compact for Younger Individuals in Humanitarian Motion and it’s members, reaching over 75,000 individuals.
The Compact for Younger Individuals in Humanitarian Motion is a gaggle of 53 worldwide organisations, governmental and non-governmental members who’re dedicated to prioritise the wants and rights of younger men and women, women and boys affected by catastrophe, battle, pressured displacement or different emergencies.
The Youth Compact Champions Initiative is made attainable with the help of ActionAid, UN Main Group of Youngsters & Youth and different Compact companions. The initiative is coordinated by Stressed Improvement.
The Youth Compact Champions will work collectively to;
- Contribute to technical steerage for Compact members working with younger individuals in Covid-19 response and past.
- Conduct youth-led analysis and seize knowledge to tell determination making of the Compact, on Covid-19 response and past.
- Help the Compact with the design of tasks and funding proposals to reply to the Covid-19 emergency and past.
- Help the design, supply and analysis of accountability initiatives led by Compact members, in response to Covid-19 and past.
To help Youth Compact Champions to take part in these actions, Stressed Improvement, ActionAid and UNMGCY will
- Present mentoring and steerage by means of weekly calls, all through the length of the mission.
- Offering on-line coaching to develop technical data and expertise in key capability strengthening areas, from youth management to resilience.
This function is house based mostly and you will have a safe web connection. A month-to-month stipend will probably be offered to help participation prices (e.g. web entry and journey have been protected and applicable).
Utility Standards & Course of Important
- You’ve gotten private or work expertise responding to a humanitarian disaster.
- You’ve gotten expertise working with completely different organisations together with youth organisations, NGOs, UN companies and authorities our bodies
- You might be related to current youth networks, at native and nationwide stage.
- You’ve gotten good spoken and clear written English, sturdy laptop expertise and have an web connection*.
- You’ve gotten sturdy teamwork and communication expertise, and expertise working on-line with others from completely different backgrounds.
- You’ve gotten expertise presently working, volunteering or partnered with a Compact member (see right here for full listing https://www.youthcompact.org/companions)
- You’ve gotten expertise of gathering and analysing knowledge (For instance;. surveys, focus teams)
- You’ve gotten expertise of accountability and advocacy work.
- You’ve gotten good spoken and clear written expertise in a further language.
Younger girls, individuals dwelling with disabilities, LGBTI younger individuals and people from refugee and ethnic minority teams are significantly inspired to use.
*If you need to appoint a non-English talking candidate, and your organisation is ready to present translation and communications help in the course of the mission, please state so within the utility kind.
To APPLY please full this on-line APPLICATION FORM by 6pm GMT on 18th June
For extra info or when you’ve got any questions contact: [email protected]
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Stressed Improvement/Motion AIDYouth Compact Champions Initiative 2020