The Commonwealth Schooling Awards spotlight and recognise the standard and variety of studying programs, sources and areas in 54 Commonwealth member international locations. By recognising excellence and innovation, we hope to help schooling and studying initiatives which might be being performed within the 54 member international locations, spotlight the nice work of schooling professionals and sign the important thing function of schooling and studying in reaching sustainable improvement.
The Awards draw consideration to instructional practices with replicability potential in numerous Commonwealth contexts and promote sharing of data and experience. Along with honouring finalists and winners, the aim is to drive consciousness and encourage motion amongst stakeholders within the schooling sector.
The Awards happen triennially to coincide with the Commonwealth Convention of Schooling Ministers, the place winners are recognised and given the chance to take part within the varied boards. The Authorities of Kenya will host the following CCEM in 2021 in Nairobi.
Distinctive educators and organisations main cutting-edge studying and educating tasks can enter as many as six classes:
- Rethinking schooling for innovation
- Rethinking schooling for work
- Rethinking schooling sustainability
- Schooling as pathways to peace
- Schooling for inclusion
- Commonwealth excellent trainer or faculty chief
Educators have to be Commonwealth residents and tasks have to be working in not less than one of many 54 member international locations.
Entries have to be obtained by 30 June 2020 from:
- A trainer or faculty chief who has proven excellent management or contribution to bettering educating and studying; and
- A public or personal organisation, together with ministries, schooling our bodies and non-profits, whose studying challenge has made a constructive impression on learners. The challenge have to be working for not less than 12 months.
Nominees have to be:
- A challenge lead of an establishment or organisation delivering educating and studying.
- A trainer or faculty chief.
Who can enter the Commonwealth Schooling Awards 2021?
- Any organisation, whether or not public or personal, together with Commonwealth ministries of schooling, instructional establishments and civil society organisations delivering an schooling or studying challenge in a Commonwealth nation can nominate the challenge.
- Earlier than nominating the challenge, safe permission from an acceptable senior supervisor. A submission have to be a challenge that has made a constructive distinction to learners, whether or not kids, younger individuals or adults, or to the schooling system of a Commonwealth member nation in respect of a number of of the six challenge classes for 2021. The challenge should have been working for greater than 12 months.
- A trainer or faculty chief who has demonstrated excellent achievement and management to enhance schooling and studying. You may as well nominate others for awards. Nonetheless, please test with the nominee beforehand that they’re joyful to have their identify put ahead. The nominee have to be a Commonwealth citizen and exercising her/his occupation in a Commonwealth member nation.
A pan-Commonwealth panel will choose the entries. Two winners for an impressive educator and an progressive challenge can be shortlisted throughout the six classes.
The 2 prime winners will be invited to Kenya in 2021 to obtain their awards and showcase their work on the Commonwealth Convention of Schooling Ministers. Their work can be profiled throughout the Commonwealth.
Entries can be scored on their:
- relevance to the native context
- measurable impression
- sustainability and innovation
- effectivity and effectiveness
- neighborhood involvement
- skill to be replicated.
This 12 months, the awards concentrate on looking for entries which have labored in direction of addressing obstacles to offering high quality schooling for all, together with marginalised teams.
There can be 4 finalists who will profit from recognition and publicity round their work. Two winners will obtain sponsorship to attend the 21st Commonwealth Convention of Schooling Ministers in Kenya: the highest challenge entry will obtain the Pan Commonwealth Award and the most effective trainer or faculty chief will obtain the Excellent Award.
The 2 winners will obtain the awards on the Commonwealth Convention of Schooling Ministers going down in Kenya in March 2021.
The awards ceremony will happen as a part of the opening ceremony of the 21CCEM the place the winners will obtain an engraved plaque and a certificates.
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Commonwealth Schooling Good Follow Awards 2021