Utility Deadline:June 30th, 2020 at 11.59 pm EAT
The approaching info know-how revolution in Africa shall be a key enabler to increasing economies, monetary inclusion, revolutionizing service provision to residents, and selling continental free commerce. A knowledge-based economic system, allowed by such potentials as interoperability, knowledge portability, and belief frameworks presents alternatives to mainstream marginalized populations within the digital economic system, in addition to increasing the financial pie within the area. On the identical time, lax authorities regulation of digital platforms and applied sciences present governments with knowledge and technical instruments for surveillance of their residents, threatening human rights.
CAACOR in Partnership with CIPIT at Strathmore College, WISER at The College of Witwatersrand and CLET at Makerere College invite functions for the inaugural Digital Identification and Nationwide Safety Fellowship. The aim of the fellowship is to construct mental capital and contribute to the understanding of the connection between Digital Identification, nationwide safety and surveillance on the continent. Fellows are anticipated to analyze a number of of the next thematic areas;
How can digital identification policymakers in Africa stability professional nationwide safety pursuits with consideration for dangers to particular person privateness and human rights?
What’s the affect of digitization of African economies on inclusion of marginalized teams, together with displaced people and refugees?
Which multi-stakeholder engagements and interdisciplinary approaches will be deployed to create Africa-specific proof bases on digitization and battle analysis in Africa?
- To be eligible, candidates should be registered graduate college students at Strathmore College, Makerere College or the College of Witwatersrand, with precedence given to graduate college students with current analysis on know-how use in Africa.
- candidates from African universities exterior the taking part establishments are welcome to use if referred by school or workers from taking part analysis establishments. If you want to be referred by school or workers from taking part analysis establishments, please ship an e-mail to [email protected] copying [email protected] Candidates type Nigeria, Sierra Leone and the Sahel Area are inspired to use.
- Fellowship advantages and expectations:
Obtain a modest stipend to assist analysis prices in the course of the fellowship in addition to prices for attending a digital workshop on the finish of the analysis interval
Attend a digital orientation to arrange for analysis on the 15th of July 2020
Submit a casual mid-term report by the 30th of September 2020
- Current at a digital convention held on the conclusion of the analysis 24th of November 2020
Submit a ultimate mission paper on the 30th November 2020
Full all assignments and take part in all fellowship occasions
Utility Course of
CAACOR, CIPIT, CLET and WISER invite candidates to finish this on-line software type.
Solutions needs to be as clear and detailed as attainable. Functions needs to be submitted with a resume indicating all expertise related to the fellowship and a press release of objective hooked up.
- Candidates ought to submit a 250-500 phrase summary of the meant space of analysis and two letters of advice to [email protected] copying [email protected] (The letters of advice needs to be from individuals able to affirm the worth of the fellowship within the context of the Candidates educational work and pursuits; and at the very least one of many referees needs to be a school member of the Candidates College, ideally an advisor if the Applicant has one)
- Functions shut on June 30th, 2020 at 11.59 pm EAT. Incomplete functions and functions acquired after the deadline is not going to be thought-about.
Choice course of
– All functions shall be fastidiously thought-about by a variety committee and profitable candidates contacted by the sixth of July 2020.
For additional info, please contact the fellowship coordinator at [email protected] copying [email protected]
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the CAACOR Digital Identification and Nationwide Safety in Africa Fellowship 2020