Software Deadline:June 26th 2020 Midnight (GMT+3)
Along with Hivos and IIED, Local weather Tracker is comfortable to launch the Sustainable Meals Media Fellowship to fund journalists from Kenya, Uganda, and Zambia to work on investigative experiences!
We’re on the lookout for younger journalists from Kenya, Uganda, and Zambia who need to write unbelievable tales in regards to the manufacturing of meals and entry to sustainable diets of their dwelling nation.
This will probably be a terrific alternative for journalists to conduct vital investigative experiences and obtain unique 4-weeks journalism coaching designed by Local weather Tracker’s workforce.
By means of a singular partnership with HiVOS and IIED, we are actually on the lookout for superb African journalists to hitch our coaching and obtain funding to work on meals tales of their international locations.
The chosen fellows will obtain an investigative story grant to cowl meals points again of their dwelling nation – all mentored by the Local weather Tracker Group!
Roles as Fellows
- As a fellow, you can be required to attend and totally take part within the Four weeks journalism course in addition to submit all assignments and homework related to the course.
- Upon your completion of the course you’ll then be requested to give you a constructive pitch and work plan for a meals story in your nation. Local weather Tracker will allow you to all through this course of. As soon as your pitch and work plan has been accepted, you’ll enter an 8-weeks fellowship interval the place you’ll obtain the grant and must work in your story. You can be required to replace your Local weather Tracker mentor together with your progress on a weekly foundation.
- As a fellow you might be additionally anticipated to have interaction with different members within the workforce by way of our newly created Slack group, the place Local weather Tracker workforce will probably be sharing any helpful info and tales.
It’s easy. It is advisable to:
- Join on our Local weather Tracker app to hitch the competitors
- Submit the next:
- Your CV (add it to any on-line drive and share the hyperlink)
- Samples of your earlier work (ideally associated to sustainable diets and agriculture matters)
- A pitch for a meals story concept in your nation
Your meals story concept can give attention to key challenges and/or improvements/options on any of the next themes:
- Meals and vitamin safety within the context of COVID-19
- The nexus of Local weather Change and its impression on Agriculture
- Agriculture and its Environmental footprint
- June eighth – 26th: Open name for functions. Ensure to submit by June 26th Midnight (GMT+3)
- June 29th: Shortlisted candidates are notified.
- July third – 31st: 4-weeks on-line journalism course
- August third – September 28th: 8-weeks reporting fellowship
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Hivos/IIED launch Sustainable Meals Tales Fellowship 2020