Utility Deadline: August 31st 2020
The Allianz Local weather Threat Analysis Award helps scientific analysis that improves our understanding of local weather change-related dangers. The 2020 Award focuses on how science can assist insurers cope with excessive climate and local weather dangers.
The Award is meant to help researchers whose analysis focuses on:
- Lowering the chance of maximum climate occasions which might be intensified by local weather change
- Fostering resilience by making use of technological options
The eligibility necessities are as follows:
- you might be a person creator
- you submit just one analysis
- you’re a PhD scholar or a postdoctoral researcher (current PhD graduates and
postdoctoral graduates may apply if the defence of ultimate analysis to acquire title is
no more than two years on the time of the appliance)
- if you’re chosen as Finalist, you should attend the Award Occasion in Munich and current
your work in individual.
PhD college students who’re within the remaining phases of their analysis and postdoctoral researchers who’ve lately completed their analysis, are invited to use. We welcome particular person functions from the fields of pure and social sciences.
- 4 finalists will obtain a financial award and will probably be invited to an Award ceremony at Allianz Headquarters in Munich on the 27-28th of October 2020 to current their findings and participate in an interactive dialogue with famend specialists from each trade and academia.
In the course of the occasion, the 4 finalists obtain:
- Financial award:
EUR 7.000 First finalist
EUR 5.000 Second finalist
EUR 3.000 Third finalist
EUR 2.000 Fourth finalist
- Invitation for a one-day Award occasion in Munich with all prices coated
- Publicity of the finalists’ analysis tasks on the web site allianz.com
- Unique insights into the insurance coverage trade’s work on local weather change and excessive climate occasions
- Participation in a dialogue spherical with the Award’s jury, specialists and different friends from Allianz Group and academia.
As a part of the appliance course of, candidates should submit a two-page non-technical essay primarily based on their analysis. Allianz will publish the ten finest essays in a compendium.
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Allianz Local weather Threat Analysis Award 2020