Utility Deadline: June fifth 2020
Kenya Crimson Cross Youth is at the moment seeking to have interaction volunteer youth leaders who will work with Danish Crimson Cross Youth (DRCY) volunteers in strengthening younger communities in Mukuru Casual Settlement space of Nairobi.
– Are you a teen in Nairobi County? Are you keen about working for and with fellow youth? and do you wish to spend six months in supporting a youth mission in Nairobi’s Mukuru casual Settlement?
– Do you wish to help the capability strengthening and constructing of susceptible youths?
– Do you could have volunteering expertise with Kenya Crimson Cross Society’s department, regional or nationwide actions you could deliver into play in a world context? Or is volunteering an act close to to your coronary heart, and do you could have the time, the need and the braveness to dwell in Nairobi from September 2020 to March 2021?
You’ll have the chance to strengthen your cooperation abilities, set up constructive and robust relationships with each Kenyan and Danish youth volunteers and achieve expertise working with KRCS in Nairobi. If you happen to additionally need expertise with a youth-to-youth working method, the place you study from one another, then that is your distinctive alternative to get an expertise of a lifetime.
Your discipline of labor:
- As a volunteer youth chief, you might be concerned within the implementation of a very new pilot mission within the partnership
between the Danish Crimson Cross Youth (DRCY), the Danish Crimson Cross (DRC) and the Kenya Crimson Cross Society (KRCS).
- You’ll be a part of and contribute to the KRCS youth work in Mukuru, Nairobi space of Kenya, which helps youths concerned
within the City Resilience (UR) program.
- The aim of the mission is to prepare robust and resilient youth associations in Kenya’s city areas/townships with a view to partaking younger males in enhancing their situations and social surroundings.
- You’ll work on implementing actions for teenagers within the native youth golf equipment run by KRCS.
- The actions draw inspiration from DRCY’s SPRINT and Life Abilities workouts.
- Additionally, you will conduct SPRINT and Life Abilities workshops for and with different KRCS volunteers, the place you’ll work on workouts associated to matters throughout the City Resilience program.
- The intention is to interlink the younger males concerned within the UR with youth volunteers in KRCS and to help the capability constructing among the many youth volunteers in order that they themselves can create processes of change in addition to constructive improvement within the challenged and susceptible areas of Nairobi.
Your position as a volunteer youth chief will contain duties comparable to:
● Assist for KRCS youth volunteers’ involvement in youth actions at native Crimson Cross youth golf equipment
• Coaching of KRCS volunteer peer facilitators in SPRINT and Life Abilities
• Assist the connection between KRCS volunteers on the headquarters and in Mukuru as a part of a crew with one different KRCS youth chief and two Danish youth leaders
• Introducing the 2 Danish youth leaders to volunteering in Kenya and the Kenya Crimson Cross Youth as a corporation throughout their preparation go to to Kenya.
• Ongoing cooperation with KRCS workers and DRCY’s Youth Partnerships Africa volunteer group in Denmark on mission implementation
Are between 23 and 29 years outdated
• Have data in Crimson Cross work
• Have expertise in creating relationships and a ardour for motivating different younger individuals to have interaction in volunteerism and communities
• Have 2 years minimal volunteering expertise (Youth programme expertise with the Kenya Crimson Cross is extremely emphasised)
• Have expertise with youth-to-youth strategies in KRCS (Particularly PEER-TO-PEER Training, but additionally Life Abilities)
• Are open, enterprising and good at working and cooperating in groups with different younger individuals
• Are capable of create your individual on a regular basis life and thrive in a difficult surroundings
• Have good spoken and written English and Swahili
• A youth chief at the moment within the Nairobi County Youth Board is extremely inspired to use.
• A youth volunteer from Mukuru Casual Settlement at the moment supporting the implementation of the Younger Males Resilience Program and City Resilience Programme is extremely inspired to use.
Earlier than and after your change:
– Earlier than you journey to Kenya, you can be nicely capability constructed and strengthened for the duty.
– As a part of the preparation, you will need to attend the DUF Youth Leaders Course and the DRCY Preparatory Course previous to your September journey. It’s essential dedicate roughly three weeks to the preparation program (beginning on the 24th of August 2020). When you’re
again dwelling, you’ll write a brief report – after which we very a lot hope that you’ll be a part of the Youth Partnerships Africa
group sooner or later.
– As a youth chief, you’re a full-time volunteer and may count on a 37-hour work week in Kenya.
– You’ll obtain volunteer allowances akin to the bills you incur in connection along with your work in accordance with KRVCS
Youth Coverage and Volunteer Coverage.
– All administrative prices in reference to preparation and execution of the work, together with preparation in Denmark, airline tickets, insurance coverage, vaccinations, weight loss program, lodging will probably be catered.
Submit your utility along with your motivation for making use of for the place and your resume (CV) no later than 5/6
Kenya Crimson Cross count on to conduct interviews on 10/6/2020, however stay topic to alter, and on the Kenya Crimson Cross Youth
When you’ve got any questions in regards to the course of, be happy to jot down an electronic mail to Alex Ayub through [email protected] Please
word that we solely obtain functions by way of [email protected] .
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Kenya Crimson Cross Youth Leaders Alternate Programme 2020