Utility Deadline: October 2nd 2020s
In collaboration with Turner Prize-winning artist Anish Kapoor, and in session with main actors within the anti-slavery area, the Thomson Reuters Basis launched the Cease Slavery Award in 2015 to recognise firms who might be thought of “best-in-class” based mostly on the insurance policies and the processes they’ve in place to restrict the danger of slavery of their provide chain and operations, in addition to the position they’re taking part in as key brokers within the world combat towards slavery.
In 2018, the Thomson Reuters Basis expanded the Award to take into consideration the vary of firms that had utilized within the earlier two cycles, creating distinct and tailor-made questionnaires for Service Firms and Items Firms.
In 2019, the Award was expanded additional to embody the vary of various actors having an impression within the combat to finish trendy slavery and human trafficking.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE AWARD
- To create a virtuous cycle or optimistic paradigm by demonstrating that companies can certainly play a vital position in stopping the tragedy of recent slavery worldwide
- to assist information customers’ and prospects’ choices on what items they resolve to purchase or use;
- to boost consciousness concerning the problems with compelled labour, the worst types of youngster labour, and different types of trendy slavery;
- to encourage extra firms to analyze and enhance the working situations of these on the backside of their provide chains;
- to boost consciousness of the invaluable work and energy of CSOs and grassroots organisations engaged on the entrance traces within the combat towards trendy slavery;
- to recognise and have fun the impression that firms and organisations can must affect coverage and laws;
- to advocate for a greater end result for the victims of recent slavery and human trafficking;
- to recognise the ability of collaboration when completely different actors come collectively united via a typical objective and aim;
- to boost consciousness of recent slavery via investigative journalism and reporting.
- 20th MAY 2020 Functions Open
- 2nd OCTOBER 2020 Functions for Media, Hero, Affect, Collaboration, Campaigns, and Innovation Awards shut
- 30th NOVEMBER 2020 Functions for Enterprise Awards (Items, Service and Small & Medium Sized Firms) shut
- MARCH 2021 Awards Ceremony
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Thomson Reuters Basis’s Cease Slavery Award 2021