Software Deadline: June 25 at 11:59 PM (PDT).
The Breakthrough Junior Problem is an annual world competitors for college kids to encourage inventive serious about science. College students ages 13 to 18 from nations throughout the globe are invited to create and submit authentic movies (3:00 minutes in size most) that deliver to life an idea or principle within the life sciences, physics, arithmetic or the science of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This 12 months, there’s a further COVID-19 class. The submissions are judged on the coed’s capability to speak advanced scientific concepts in participating, illuminating, and imaginative methods. The Problem is organized by the Breakthrough Prize Basis.
The Breakthrough Prize was created to honor essential developments within the classes of Basic Physics, Life Sciences and Arithmetic. The Breakthrough Prizes are sponsored by Sergey Brin, Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg, Pony Ma, Yuri and Julia Milner, and Anne Wojcicki. The Breakthrough Prize goals to have fun the perfect scientific work and encourage the following technology of scientists.
To participate within the Breakthrough Junior Problem (the “Problem”), create a brief video (3:00 minutes max) to clarify a giant concept in certainly one of these fields:
- Life Sciences
- College students ages 13 to 18 from nations throughout the globe might take part.
- You have to be 13 years of age by April 1 at 12:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time (”PDT”) to take part within the Competitors, and You can’t be older than 18 years of age (not but 19) on October 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM PDT.
- If You’re a minor, You will need to have your mum or dad’s or authorized guardian’s permission to enter and Your mum or dad or authorized guardian should agree, on Your behalf and on his or her personal behalf, to observe and be certain by these RULES and warrant that You’re eligible to take part within the Competitors.
- They welcome submissions in English from anybody of these ages, together with homeschooled college students, college students with disabilities, and college students from all around the world.
Your video shall be judged in line with the next standards:
- Engagement: Did the video seize the viewer’s curiosity? Did the viewer wish to hold watching the video to the top?
- Illumination: Did the video clarify the subject material clearly, permitting the viewer to develop a real understanding of the video’s content material? Did the video display a rigorous dive into the subject material?
- Creativity: Did the entrant make an effort to strategy the subject material in an modern or inventive method?
- Problem: Is the subject material difficult? Is the topic usually taught at highschool degree or past?
In case your video is chosen because the Winner, you’ll obtain:
- $250,000 Publish-secondary scholarship
- $50,000 Prize to your instructor
- $100,000 Breakthrough Science Lab
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Breakthrough Junior Problem 2020 World Competitors