Utility Deadline: June eighth 2020
In response to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, we now have gone digital and expanded the theme of Innovate Now Cohort 2.Zero to incorporate cell options that help individuals with disabilities with entry to data and assets in instances of emergency such because the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic.Innovate Now cohort 2.Zero will now be solely on-line and accepted candidates can take part from anyplace in Africa.
THEMES-Cell and AT:
- Bridging the entry hole to Assistive Merchandise and Companies utilizing cell applied sciences
- Bridging entry to data, companies and assets for individuals with disabilities in instances of nationwide and worldwide difficulties akin to pandemic
- Length: three months
- Location: on-line
- Geography: Africa
- Stage: Seed-stage ventures previous proof-of-concept with MVP and a few traction (e.g. customers, paying prospects, working product)
- Sector: AT and mobile-focused Startup ventures
- Authorized Entity: Each for-profit and non-profit social enterprises registered in any African nation or with demonstrated presence in Africa
- Inclusive Participation: Individuals with disabilities and girls extremely inspired to use.
- Age: Candidates have to be of authorized working age (18 years) or assured by a guardian of authorized working age. They should have all of the authorized rights to work of their nation.
- Entry to international mentors and subject material specialists
- Entry to our rising community of digital Dwell-Labs
- A novel idea that means that you can take a look at, get suggestions and validate immediately with individuals with disabilities.
- Technical Help: tangible, direct help regarding what’s wanted in your startup succeed: authorized, advertising and marketing, fundraising, experimental design, pitching, and investor readiness.
- Entry to our international inclusive innovation ecosystem and accomplice community throughout organizations of individuals with disabilities, universities, funders, Assistive Know-how specialists, incapacity specialists, inclusive design specialists, corporates and NGOs.
- Entry to Investor readiness help and our funding ecosystem e.g. AT2030 Scale Fund
- Candidates will probably be topic to the Innovate Now Choice course of by a panel of knowledgeable judges.
- By making use of, individuals comply with be certain by the choice and guidelines of this system.
- All functions have to be submitted by the official registration type on the Innovate Now web site.
- All functions have to be submitted by eighth June 2020 at 12 midnight Kenyan time.
- Incomplete functions won’t be accepted.
- All functions have to be submitted in English.
- The choice course of will probably be two-step:
a) Stage 1: on-line shortlisting
b) Stage 2: on-line Interview Choice
- A workforce of knowledgeable judges will consider and can shortlist a complete of 20 candidates based mostly on eligibility standards and utility type responses.
- The shortlist of 20 will proceed to stage 2: the ultimate interview the place a most of 12 groups will probably be chosen to hitch Innovate Now Cohort 2.
- All groups should take part on-line in phases 1 and a pair of choice.
Acceptance into the Programme
- Candidates will solely be accepted in the event that they comply or consent to adjust to any obligatory requirements, particularly AT associated WHO requirements.
- Chosen candidates will probably be notified not more than per week after the ultimate interview.
- Chosen candidates will probably be issued a letter of acceptance which they are going to be required to check in duplicate.
- Accepted candidates will probably be issued with a welcome pack containing details about all program actions, curriculum, and course of.
- Contributors won’t be charged any cash to take part, and meals and refreshments will probably be supplied throughout program actions.
- Individuals with disabilities will probably be reimbursed for any extra prices they should bear to take part in this system to scale back limitations to equal participation in this system.
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Innovate Now Cohort 2.0