Utility Deadline: June 25th 2020
The Africa AI Accelerator Program has been designed by Ghana Tech Lab (GTL) to advertise native improvements within the discipline of synthetic intelligence, machine studying, and information utilization.
The primary cohort will assist 10 AI startups from Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, and Uganda. This system companions are GIZ’s tech entrepreneurship and AI initiatives “Make-IT in Africa” and “FAIR Ahead – Synthetic Intelligence for All” and IBM.
The Program has been structured to supply startups with product growth and enterprise growth assist by a blended accelerator program with a digital and bodily interface. Custom-made to spice up collaboration between startups and corporates, industrial companions, and traders, taking part startups will obtain assist to satisfy clear progress aspirations by measurable targets setting.
To be eligible to use, startups should meet the next necessities:
- Be a for-profit startup, working in Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, or Uganda, with a group of at the very least two individuals.
- Operational for at the very least one 12 months
- Have already got any of the next:
- An Synthetic Intelligence (AI) or Machine Studying (ML) services or products.
- Have the conditions to incorporate AI or ML into current services or products together with an in depth idea.
- Services or products that are wanted to develop AI or ML services or products together with coaching information assortment.
- Have traction with early income and early clients, with a clearly demonstrated potential to scale.
- Have a enterprise mannequin with a social affect, i.e. with an answer to an issue as described within the Sustainable Growth Objectives.
- Have an updated Enterprise Profile on VC4A with applicable info for enterprise and financing companions.
NB: Should be prepared to commit and be available for all digital classes for the 6 month interval of the Accelerator Program in addition to an on-site bootcamp and on-site demo days in Ghana (contingent on easing of journey restrictions by taking part nations)
In case your startup meets all these eligible necessities, please proceed to use for this system.
The Africa AI Accelerator program presents:
- 6 months of tailor-made and interactive digital and bodily classes
- A completely-funded bootcamp coaching expertise
- Connections to world networks and mentors
- Teaching and mentorship from AI consultants from IBM
- Entry to IBM’s Digital Nation Africa (DNA) platform and different digital instruments
- Funding alternatives
- Strengthening technical capability
- Strengthening enterprise capability
- Help to refine your AI resolution
- Matching to cooperates as potential purchasers or companions
GTL particularly search for startups that
- Have feminine founders: Ghana Tech Lab, GIZ, and IBM are dedicated to encourage and assist feminine founders within the discipline of synthetic intelligence and machine studying.
- Work on AI and well being: Synthetic intelligence supplies many alternatives to assist and enhance well being providers and the present COVID-19 pandemic bolstered efforts to make use of this potential to assist strained well being techniques.
- Work on Pure Language Processing (NLP) and information assortment for NLP purposes: African languages are presently under-resourced within the space of NLP whereas NLP purposes supply many alternatives for inclusion, entry to digital providers and sustainable growth.
- Have an open-source and open data-oriented enterprise fashions: Open supply and open information supplies the chance for ecosystems to evolve and collective efforts to resolve issues.
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the GTL Africa AI Accelerator Program 2020