Software Deadline: June fifth 2020
Mozilla’s Repair-The-Web Incubator Program 2020
Mozilla wish to spend money on individuals, initiatives, and applied sciences that form the web and have a optimistic influence with out having to solely fear in regards to the backside line. Firefox, Wikipedia, WordPress, DuckDuckGo, Kickstarter, GitHub, Node.js, and Ethereum are a few of our favourite examples of the web at its greatest. We’ve executed it earlier than. We’re going to construct 1000 extra.
Folks such as you constructed Firefox. Folks like you’ll write the subsequent superb chapter of the web.
- The Startup Studio$75,000 funding in early stage startups. SAFE ($2m cap). Learn extra…Apply by June 5Rolling acceptance. Program runs July-September Apply
- The MVP Lab$16,000 funding to pre-startup groups. For-profit, non-profit or open supply. Learn extra…Apply by June 5Rolling acceptance. Program runs July-August Apply
- All of Mozilla Builders Incubabor packages are 100% distant/on-line, as are any interviews which might be a part of the appliance course of.
Mozilla’s Repair-The-Web hope to see a variety of proposals round massive classes together with, however not restricted to:
- Collaboration & Society, notably in view of the present world disaster: (i) Foster higher collaboration on-line, (ii) Grassroots collaboration round points & emergencies, (iii) Native & neighborhood help networks, (iv) Supporting small companies, (v) Social money-pooling for points, individuals & companies.
- Decentralized Internet: construct a brand new, decentralized structure for the web from infrastructure, communications, media & cash, to utilizing the blockchain and peer-to-peer applied sciences. This summer time we’re notably focused on seeing proposals round the best way to make decentralized storage companies a viable + dependable system for constructing purposes upon.
- Messaging & Social Networking: can we construct a brand new approach to talk on-line that favors privateness, individuals, and customers’ pursuits? What must evolve?
- Surveillance Capitalism: whether or not it’s massive tech or governments, everybody’s amassing your information. How can we put the consumer again in command of their information? Can we construct new enterprise fashions for messaging, social networking, information & info that don’t depend on extreme information minute and hijacking our consideration?
- Misinformation & Content material: concepts for companies that assist us get past polarization, filter bubbles and faux information.
- Synthetic Intelligence that works to learn communities and residents.
- Search: For most individuals on the earth, search is the gateway to information, procuring, info, and solutions that form the way in which they reside their lives. These searches occur for billions of individuals from the search containers of their browsers but in addition in new and thrilling methods like getting a fast reply together with your voice from just a little display screen in your kitchen. For the final 10 years the considered constructing a brand new search expertise was left to solely the most important firms on the earth however with the rise of privateness centered search engines like google and yahoo comparable to DuckDuckGo, the panoply of vertical search engines like google and yahoo, cloud platforms, and developer instruments, there’s clear proof that higher search is feasible. What would be the subsequent main step in making the world’s info open, accessible, and credible for the subsequent technology of customers and units?
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Mozilla’s Repair-The-Web Incubator Program 2020