Utility Deadline: June 30th 2020
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Subsequent Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is happy to ask feminine scientists to use for the third spherical of the AIMS-NEI Fellowships for Girls in Local weather Change Science (WiCCS). Local weather change – together with international warming – poses vital threats to humanity. Documented impacts of world warming embody an elevated frequency and severity of heatwaves throughout the globe and frequent droughts, each of which exacerbate meals insecurity and well being issues in lots of components of the world, notably in Africa.
The AIMS-NEI Fellowship Program for Girls in Local weather Change Science (WiCCS) seeks to extend girls’s participation in, and contribution to, to a extra sustainable societal response to local weather change.
This fellowship program was made potential by a grant from the Worldwide Improvement Analysis Centre, Ottawa, Canada, and monetary assist from the Authorities of Canada, supplied via World Affairs Canada (GAC), It’s a part of a broader effort by AIMS-NEI to construct the mental capital wanted to raised our understanding of the causes of local weather change in Africa, and to unravel the myriad challenges to Africa’s improvement ensuing from local weather change.
To be eligible, candidates have to be:
- in possession earlier than the fellowship begin date of a doctorate in a quantitative self-discipline, together with however not restricted to utilized arithmetic, climatology, physics, computational chemistry, statistical ecology, pc science, theoretical biology, and engineering;
- at present employed, on both a everlasting or a short lived foundation, in a non-profit work setting, together with authorities;
- actively engaged in analysis, coverage, and/or follow related to local weather change modelling, mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience amongst others; and
- the lead and/or senior writer of at the very least one refereed publication on a subject related to local weather change modelling, the causative components of local weather change, local weather change mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience and so forth.
The utmost worth of the fellowship is USD 35,000.
The fellowship will cowl:
o transport (air/practice ticket, petrol, and so forth.) to/from the host establishment for the Fellow, as much as three accompanying dependents (a partner, two youngsters) and an in-country nanny, at a most value of USD 6,000;
o transportation and lodging to allow the Fellow to current work funded by the fellowship at one worldwide convention (as much as USD 2,000);
o a dwelling stipend for the Fellow (USD 12,000) plus a supplemental stipend for as much as three accompanying dependents and nanny (as much as USD 6 000); and
o funding for project-related actions.
The precise quantity supplied to every Fellow will depend upon the budgets submitted when making use of (see Utility process).
An preliminary lump sum, depending on the submitted budgets, will likely be paid to every Fellow inside a month of the fellowship begin date. The steadiness will likely be paid in two installments, per a schedule outlined by AIMS NEI and contingent on the receipt of passable progress reviews from the Fellow (see Expectations).
Fellows are liable for complying with relevant tax legal guidelines.
All air tickets will likely be purchased on the Fellow’s behalf by AIMS NEI.
Fellows will likely be required to submit receipts for all gear bought with funds from their fellowship.
To use, please full this on-line software kind and submit by the 30 June 2020, 23:59 CAT with the next paperwork hooked up:
- a accomplished private particulars kind, together with an in depth price range for all non-project-related actions;
- a accomplished challenge proposal kind, together with an in depth price range for all project-related actions;
- a curriculum vitae; and
- an digital copy of a consultant publication in local weather change modelling, its causes, local weather change mitigation, adaptation and/or resilience during which the applicant is the lead and/or senior writer.
Supporting paperwork must be saved as a pdf within the format: “identify of the analysis program_type of_document_ AIMSentity/centre_monthyear of applying_first and final identify of applicant.” For example, “MS4CR fellowship_application form_AIMS-NEI_Apr2020_SarahJake”.
Candidates ought to request that three confidential letters of assist be emailed to [email protected], utilizing as topic “MS4CR fellowship software assist letter-first and final identify of applicant” by the applying deadline. Two of those letters ought to come from the applicant’s speedy supervisor at her dwelling establishment and the named collaborator at her proposed host establishment. Not less than one letter ought to come from a referee who’s certified to evaluate the applicant’s expertise in local weather change analysis, follow, and/or coverage. You must share along with your referees a duplicate of the ‘Phrases of Reference for Fellows’ and the ‘Directions for Referees’ doc. These will be downloaded on the web site.
Incomplete purposes is not going to be evaluated.
Candidates are suggested to fastidiously learn the next paperwork:
Fellows will likely be chosen by a world choice committee appointed by AIMS-NEI.
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the AIMS NEI Fellowship Program 2020 for Girls in Local weather Change Science