Utility Deadline: Might 19th 2020
ICFJ/Fb South Africa COVID-19 Native Information Reduction Fund 2020
The Worldwide Middle for Journalists (ICFJ) is partnering with the Fb Journalism Undertaking (FJP) to manage 9 grants to impartial native information organizations in South Africa which might be producing high quality journalism amidst the COVID-19 disaster. This grant program will present pressing monetary help for impartial publishers with a particular deal with investigative journalism and native information organizations which might be offering reliable details about COVID-19.
Concerning the Native Information Reduction Fund
The grants will likely be distributed as follows :
- Two grants of $35,000 for publishers with 40 or extra employees members
- Seven grants of $10,000 for publishers with lower than 40 employees members
ICFJ and Fb will contemplate one software per information model/newsroom. Organizations should meet the next necessities to be thought of for a grant:
- Impartial nonprofit or for-profit native information organizations with their principal place of work positioned in South Africa;
- Publishers should not be a part of a enterprise consortium, giant media teams, or government-funded.
- Have been in operation for 2 years or extra;
- Make use of at the least 5 full-time journalists; and
- Fb pages and Instagram accounts are in compliance with Fb group requirements and companion monetization insurance policies.
Candidates should NOT:
- Discriminate based mostly on race, gender, religion, nationwide origin, sexual orientation or incapacity;
- Stick with it propaganda or in any other case try to affect particular laws;
- Affect the end result of any particular public election or to hold on, instantly or not directly, any voter registration drive;
- Be on a authorities web-based watch listing of banned entities or make use of, cope with, or in any other case be related to any people on such lists, or support or help any entities or whom it is aware of or believes to help terrorism;
- Be a state media firm, or a state-supported or funded information basis; or
- Be primarily a analysis group, relatively than a information group.
Grant choice will likely be given to publishers who meet a number of of the next standards:
- Serve immigrant, rural, underserved and economically deprived communities;
- Characterize areas the place COVID-19 impression is especially acute;
- Actively masking COVID-19 and producing unique information content material associated to COVID-19;
- Clearly and candidly clarify the grant’s contribution to their group’s long-term viability;
- Are family- or community-owned or impartial;
- Have a longtime digital reader income enterprise mannequin;
- Haven’t but acquired grant help from the Fb Journalism Undertaking in 2020.
Every software should embody the next:
- An outline of how grant funds will likely be used;
- Price range outlining how the funds will likely be used;
- Contact data;
- Group data, together with variety of staff and a hyperlink to your web site;
- If relevant, samples of your finest coronavirus protection.
- The grant will likely be a one-time award and would require the grant recipient to return a follow-up report on grant impression 90 days after receipt of the funding.
The deadline to apply is Might 19, 2020, by midnight SAST. No late or incomplete functions will likely be thought of.
You may be notified by way of electronic mail in case your software is chosen
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the ICFJ/Fb South Africa COVID-19 Native Information Reduction Fund