Utility Deadline: Might 31st 2020
L’ORÉAL-UNESCO FOR WOMEN IN SCIENCE INTERNATIONAL AWARDS 2021 EDITION
PHYSICAL SCIENCES – MATHEMATICS – COMPUTER SCIENCE
Created in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Ladies in Science Worldwide Awards acknowledge and assist eminent girls in science all through the world. Every year, 5 Laureates are acknowledged for his or her contributions to the development of science, in Life Sciences or Bodily Sciences, Arithmetic and Pc Science in alternating years.
The 2021 version of the Awards will designate 5 excellent scientific researchers within the subject of Bodily Sciences, Arithmetic and Pc Science, working within the following areas:
- Africa & the Arab States
- Asia and the Pacific
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- North America
- One candidate shall be chosen for every of the 5 areas, the figuring out issue being the place of
work for no less than 5 years, not the nationality of the candidate.
- Every of the 5 Laureates will obtain an award of €100,000.
The candidate should:
- Be acknowledged for her scientific excellence by the worldwide scientific group,
- Be actively concerned in scientific analysis,
- Work in any subject of the Bodily Sciences, Arithmetic or Pc Science talked about in
appendix 1, To your info, there isn’t a age constraint relating to the candidate.
The choice standards of the candidates are the next:
- The candidate’s excellent contribution to the final development of science,
- The influence of the candidate’s analysis on the present state of the related scientific subject
(quantity, high quality and influence of publications, convention displays, patents),
- The popularity of the candidate by friends inside her self-discipline via publications,
-The popularity of the candidate’s commitments to training, educating actions, mentoring and/or
to the United Nations Sustainable Growth Objectives extra broadly.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Ladies in Science Awards are non-renewable
Scientists around the globe are invited to appoint candidates for the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Ladies in Science Awards.
To be thought of eligible for an award, it’s essential to be nominated in writing by an eminent scientist. Self-nominations aren’t eligible, nor nominations from instant members of the family. Groups aren’t eligible for nomination.
Certified nominators could also be :
Heads of College or Scientific Establishments,
Members of Academies of Science,
Holders of Analysis Chairs,
Previous For Ladies in Science Award Laureates,
or at a minimal holders of a PhD in Science.
Nominations can solely be submitted electronically via the web devoted platform: https://www.forwomeninscience.com/en/awards and must be written in English. If new to the system, the nominator might want to create a person ID and password.
. Provisional Timetable
Nominations opening date: April 20th 2020
Nominations time limit: Might 31st 2020
Pre-selection by peer overview: early June to early July 2020
Examination by the Jury: mid-July to early-September 2020
Jury deliberation assembly: mid-September 2020
For Ladies in Science week: March fifth to 12th 2021
For Ladies in Science Awards Ceremony: March 11th 2021
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the 2020/2021 L’Oréal-UNESCO For Ladies in Science Worldwide Awards