Software Deadline: Might sixth 2020
The Worldwide Growth Division, College of Birmingham, is happy to supply one scholarship for our MSc in Worldwide Growth (Governance and State-building), for the tutorial 12 months beginning in September 2020.
The scholarship is offered by the Mo Ibrahim Basis and is for a two-year programme, with the profitable candidate endeavor the total MSc programme, with a one 12 months internship being integral to the programme. The internship will encompass six months with IDD and 6 months with the Mo Ibrahim Basis in London.
The Governance and Statebuilding programme is likely one of the specialised streams inside worldwide improvement, and takes an interdisciplinary standpoint, combining the theoretical rigour of political financial system and the sensible expertise of improvement. The great governance agenda happens now more and more alongside debate on state-building, which encompasses points corresponding to accountability and transparency, corruption, battle, political settlement, human rights, participation, entry to justice and democratisation. Governance and state-building are of explicit curiosity to governments, nongovernmental organisations and improvement businesses, in addition to to a rising and vibrant educational neighborhood.
The pathway for the Basis scholarship includes the next modules:
- Worldwide Growth (20 credit)
- Governance and State Constructing (20 credit)
- One of many following 4 modules (20 credit)
- Growth Coverage and Politics
- Growth in Observe
- Battle and Growth
- Publish Battle Reconstruction and Growth
- Alternative of non-obligatory modules (60 credit) – select from over 25 IDD modules plus others from throughout the College. Dissertation (60 credit) – in depth concentrate on a subject of explicit curiosity, with assist from a supervisor. This will likely contain abroad fieldwork in a rustic chosen by the candidate.
The entry necessities encompass:
- A top quality Honours diploma or equal from an accredited college is crucial.
- Good written and spoken English. For these whose first language will not be English, proof of this capability is required. Candidates ought to attain not less than degree 6.5 within the IELTS or 580 /93 for TOEFL. Please verify the College web site for extra info on English language necessities.
- Candidates have to be African nationals domiciled (or everlasting residents) in an African nation. Choice will likely be given to scholarship candidates residing in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Software course of
Purposes have to be acquired by means of the College on-line software system, by 6 Might 2020. Along with the standard paperwork to be submitted, you need to additionally add a 500 phrase assertion and CV. This assertion ought to set out why you’re the finest candidate for the scholarship.
You need to then ship your software ID quantity to Debra Beard. Please embody ‘Mo Ibrahim Scholarship’ within the topic line of the e-mail. Please don’t embody any supporting paperwork on this electronic mail.
The scholarship consists of:
1. Full tuition payment
2. Air fare to and from the UK and visa
3. Month-to-month stipend of £950 for 18 months
4. Arrival allowance of £950
The remaining six months for the internship will likely be funded on to the profitable candidate by the Mo Ibrahim Basis.
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Mo Ibrahim Basis 2020/2021 Masters Scholarships